About NSW Rural Doctors Network (RDN)
Greater health access for rural communities
RDN exists to improve the health and wellbeing of people living in remote, rural, regional, Aboriginal and disadvantaged communities, particularly those in New South Wales (NSW) and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We are a not-for-profit, non-government charitable organisation that works to create and sustain access to quality multidisciplinary healthcare for all Australians – no matter where they live.
By working collaboratively with health professionals, communities, service agencies, industry and federal and state governments, we seek to grow and strengthen a capable primary health workforce and support the capacity of health service organisations by contributing to rural health policy development.
We are privileged to act as the Australian Government’s designated Rural Workforce Agency for health in NSW, and as the NSW and ACT fundholder for health Outreach and associated service programs. Throughout our 35 years of existence, we have worked closely with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, continually striving for engagement and reconciliation.
RDN PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
To build and sustain the rural health workforce, RDN delivers a range of services including:
- Health workforce recruitment, rural orientation, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and retention programs.
- Administration of rural health Outreach services in NSW.
- Future workforce training pathway and rural immersion programs.
- Workforce career management support, scholarships and grants.
- Practice and health facility management and leadership support including finding locum support.
- Regional workforce and stakeholder coordination, town-based workforce planning.
- Collation and dissemination of rural health workforce data.
WE ALSO WORK WITH:
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) to support health services for indigenous Australians.
- Rural NSW Primary Health Networks (PHNs) to support remote, rural and regional GPs and the health workforce.
- Local communities, governments and rural Local Health Districts (LHDs) on workforce matters.
- University medical faculties to promote rural medicine.
Find out more: