Ear Health Coordination Program
17th December 2019
RDN and AH&MRC have been appointed to administer the Department of Health’s Ear Health Coordination Program (EHCP) for three years in NSW and the ACT.
The two organisations put forward a joint tender to run the Program, which is funded through the Indigenous Australians’ Health Programme.
The EHCP will run from 2019-2022, supporting primary health care clinics to:
- improve ear and hearing health, particularly for children and youth
- support regional Ear health Coordinator positions to work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders
- embed regular ear health surveillance, screening, monitoring, treatment and follow up
- integrate a continuous quality improvement approach in all activities
- improve collection of clinical data of ear disease
- make health care professionals aware of opportunities to enhance skills to undertake ear health assessment and management in children.
RDN and AH&MRC have started planning the Program’s implementation and are pleased to be collaborating on this important co-designed program.
Pictured left to right: Kate Armstrong (AH&MRC), Sharif Bagnulo (RDN), Claire O'Neill (RDN), Ashley Banister (RDN), Eva Moshovis (AH&MRC) Angela Draper (AH&MRC) Nicole Turner (RDN) and Richie Garcia (AH&MRC).