Pathways to Fellowship
There are various pathways to being recognised as a General Practitioner in Australia. The end point of any of the pathways is either:
- Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM) OR
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP).
Download a flow chart that summarises the pathways: Pathways to Fellowship 2016 (PDF, 135KB).
It is important to be aware that each of the GP Training programs have their specific eligibility criteria. Applicants need to review their individaul eligiblity for each GP Training Program. Further information on each pathway is available from the links below:
- Australian General Practice Training
- Remote Vocational Training Scheme
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine.
The RDN team can also provide general information; email us or call 02 4924 8000.