RDN Locum Program
The NSW Rural Doctors Network (RDN) Locum Program provides and facilitates short term locum relief for permanent GPs located in rural NSW RA2-5 locations. Priority is given to permanent GPs in more rural areas, in towns with three or less GPs and who require temporary leave. The aim is to improve the retention of rural GPs by providing cost-saving locum services. The program:
- Facilitates and supports the placement of locum doctors
- Offers travel subsidies to eligible Independent Locum Doctor* (ILD) placements
- Advertises requests for locums from NSW rural GPs through our website and fortnightly locum newsletter
- Maintains a confidential register of doctors interested in GP locum work in rural and remote New South Wales
- Provides locum information and advice.
*RDN does NOT conduct background checking of ILDs. It is the responsibility of the practice to ensure that a practitioner is suitable. We strongly advise that each practice conduct their own due diligence, including reference-checking, confirming AHPRA registration, and ensuring that the doctor holds adequate indemnity insurance.
For further information, please email RDN or call 02 4924 8000.