Improve Recruitment and Retention
There are several things employers and practices can do to improve recruitment and retention rates, ranging from the quality of content in job advertisements to innovative models of workplace practice. There are also financial incentives available to assist with attraction and retention.
Here are some useful links:
- Advertising GP vacancies: Vacancy Ad Tips, Anti-Discrimination and Advertising Guidelines.
- Six tips for attracting great candidates
- Retention Strategies Checklist: RDN developed this checklist for, and in collaboration with, the Hunter Rural GP Workforce Planning Group, to assist NSW rural general practices in self-assessing, establishing and embedding retention strategies for their workforce.
- Our Nursing and Allied Health web content has great tips for employers e.g. job analysis, writing an effective job ad, preparing for interviews, working with your community to recruit and retain, orientating a new recruit to your town.
- RDN Grants: RDN can help you/your employee access funding to relocate, make a site visit and to support partners and families.
- Resources & Reference e.g. Succession Planning, telehealth, e-Health, alternative models of practice.
- Rural Health Families
Recruitment and retention advice is freely available to those in NSW MMM 2-7 locations. Phone our Medical Recruitment and Retention team on 02 4924 8000.