Support for health professionals
The Australian Government Rural Health Workforce Support Program provides relocation funding to eligible nursing and allied health professionals which can be utilised over 12 months, during which time the NSW Rural Doctors Network (RDN) provides support to assist in orientating the new recruit to ensure a smooth transition.
Relocation packages available for Nursing & Allied Health Professionals
|Practice location classification||Relocation package available|
|ACCHSs only in MMM 1-2||$3,000|
*Applicants must be relocating from a less rural location
- Must be predominantly primary healthcare which may include general practice, private allied health practice, community health, community mental health, health promotion activities.
- Must be a minimum of 0.4 FTE and contracts a minimum of 12 months in duration.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Work
- Dental - including Dental Therapists
- Diabetes Education
- Exercise Physiology
- Medical Imaging - including Radiographers, Sonographers
- Occupational Therapy
- Psychology - including Mental Health Professionals
- Nursing - i.e. Registered Nurses covering Community Health, Practice Nurses, Enrolled Nurses
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
Applicants must be registered with the relevant professional association or with AHPRA as applicable.
Applicants must commit to a minimum of 12 months at the new location or will be required to repay any funds provided.
- Applicants relocating to MMM 3 and MMM 4 must be moving from a less rural location.
- Applicants relocating to MMM 5-7 can relocate from any location.
The Rural Health Workforce Support Program utilises the Modified Monash Model (MMM) geographical classification system and covers locations in MMM 3-7. You can search a location here.
RDN's experienced recruitment and workforce development teams have helped hundreds of GPs, nurses and allied health professionals relocate throughout rural and regional NSW. We understand that it can be a daunting challenge to move you and your family to a new town and we are here to assist you through that process.