RDN Locum Program
The NSW Rural Doctors Network (RDN) Locum Program provides and facilitates short term locum relief for permanent GPs located in rural NSW MMM 2-7 classification areas and ACCHOs in MMM1-7. It aims to improve the retention of rural GPs by providing cost-saving locum services. The Program:
- Facilitates and supports the placement of locum doctors
- Offers travel subsidies for placements of eligible Independent Locum Doctors (ILDs)
- Advertises requests for locums from NSW rural GPs through our website and fortnightly locum newsletter
- Maintains a confidential register of doctors interested in GP Locum work in rural and remote New South Wales
- Provides locum information and advice.
RDN does not take part in the negotiation and agreement between the locum and the practice in relation to remuneration.
We recommend you ensure that the following have been confirmed and agreed upon prior to making travel arrangements and commencing at the practice:
- Remuneration rates
- Invoice for services (including GST, if applicable)
- Accommodation details and confirmation (if offered)
- Any specific details relating to the placements.
For further information, please email RDN or call 02 4924 8000.