New Rural GP Orientation Program
RDN runs a New Rural GP Orientation Program for all GPs who are new to rural NSW practice, including Overseas Trained Doctors (OTDs).
The two-day introduction to rural general practice is considered valuable preparation for transition into rural NSW medical practice and supports GPs in delivering high quality medical services to rural NSW communities.
Program content includes:
- clinical orientation e.g. emergency medicine, introduction to Sexual Health/Family Planning
- professional orientation e.g. introduction to NSW Ministry of Health, Navigating Medicare, Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, cultural awareness, accessing GP support organisations, pathways to Fellowship and exam preparation
- social orientation e.g. achieving work/life balance, Rural Medical Family Network supports.
Upcoming Orientation Programs:
- 2-3 February 2017 - Newcastle NSW.
- Additional 2017 dates yet to be confirmed - please contact RDN to register your expression of interest.
For more information about the program, dates and locations, please email the RDN Retention Officer or call RDN on 02 4924 8000.