Improve Recruitment and Retention
There are several actions that employers and practices can take to improve recruitment and retention rates, ranging from the quality of content in job advertisements to innovative models of workplace practice. There are also financial incentives available to assist with attraction and retention.
Here are some useful links:
- Advertising GP vacancies: Vacancy Ad Tips, Anti-Discrimination and Advertising Guidelines.
- Our Nursing & Allied Health web content has great tips for employers e.g. job analysis, writing an effective job ad, preparing for interviews, working with your community to recruit and retain, orientating a new recruit to your town.
- GP grants and other financial incentives: RDN can help you/your employee access funding in some cases.
- Resources & Reference e.g. Succession Planning, telehealth, e-Health, alternative models of practice.
- Rural Medical Family Network: supported rural medical families stay longer.
Recruitment and retention advice is freely available to those in NSW RA2-5 locations. Phone our Medical Recruitment and Retention team on 02 4924 8000 between 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday.